"the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men"
--The Apostle Paul
"The captain of the ship determines direction by the responses he makes to waves he cannot control."
--Adapted from a Chinese Dictator
"When a man attacks you he gives you a gift but the way you receive it can turn it into a curse."
--Adapted from Jigaro Kuno
"If you have no agenda you are not a leader. If you do not respect others agendas you're not a servant. A servant leader does not fear the conversation between agendas."
"A godly leader risks his agenda because he has no fear of accountability."
"The bottom line of church leadership is a relational objective."
"A godly leader follows so that others must adapt."
"Leadership with low outcome control and high self-control is a key difference between influence and manipulation."
What are Courageous Conversations?
Courageous Conversations are high value conversations that surface, articulate, and act upon loving truth. We mix care and courage in a blend that comforts and challenges ourselves and others.
We seek God's presence to reverse hopelessness, defeat cynicism,
out-believe the impossible, and escape ourselves. Courageous Conversations
provide insight that matters!
Would you benefit from conversations that are ...
- Disciplined in focus yet open to new direction
- Gentle in kindness yet fearless in honesty
- Deliberate about results yet trusting God for surprises
Why Engage in a Courageous Conversation?
- Faith based Integrity . . . the truth demands it. We trust the truth, risk trusting each other, and, most of all, we trust God to do what we cannot
- Spiritual Growth . . . speaking the "truth in love" has been tied to spiritual growth for over 2000 years (Ephesians 4:7-17)
- Love . . . "love" without truth creates fake dishonest "peace;" "truth" without love is cruel arrogance (Ephesians 4:15, 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12, 1 Timothy 1:3-7, 1 Corinthians 13:6)
- Experience God . . . God promises his presence when we engage each other openly and honestly (Matthew 18:15-21)